Sunday, December 23, 2012
This will lower cholesterol and if you use xylitol instead of sugar, it is even more healthy http://www.naturalhealthstrategies.com/how-to-make-chocolate.html
How to Make Chocolate: The Basic Ingredients
- 5 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons of finely grated coconut
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar (see notes below)
- 1 pinch of salt
- If you have natural vanilla extract, a few drops are a wonderful addition.
- a pinch of powdered cayenne pepper
- whole, chopped, or ground walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- fresh mint
- raisins or other chopped dried fruit
Melt coconut over low heat. (Coconut oil is liquid at 76 degrees) and add cocoa. Stir until blended, add xylitol (I make mine into fine powder with my spice grinder), and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add other chosen ingrdients. Put into molds, or just pour into brownie pan. Freeze. When well chilled, turn over and thump the bottom of the pan to remove. Cut into pieces, store in freezer. Snack on it!
Posted by Deb's Company at 10:35 AM